JOIN/RENEW OSSPEAC NOW!
July 1, 2021 - June 30, 2022
OSSPEAC was founded in 1994 with 12 charter members. Today, current membership stands at over 600 members. The Ohio School Speech Pathology Educational Audiology Coalition provides a united voice for those Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists employed in the educational setting. Your active membership is vital to the future of OSSPEAC.
Benefits of OSSPEAC Membership Include:
- Premium fall conference dedicated to school-based issues
- Regional workshops
- Newsletters that provides current news and information from around the state
- E-mails offering exclusive offers and updates for members only.
- Regional representation via liaisons representing 16 geographical regions from around Ohio
OSSPEAC provides members the opportunity to purchase liability insurance well below the cost of other professional organizations.
- SCHOLARSHIPS: The Julie S. Kelly Scholarship is an annual gift awarded to a hearing-impaired high school senior who will pursue post-secondary education. Must be recommended by an OSSPEAC Member. OSSPEAC also offers a Graduate Student Scholarship to graduate students who are planning a career in the educational setting.
- GRANTS: Our S.O.S. (SUPPORT Our Students) outreach program assists members who have students with specific needs and limited financial resources. Available to members only.
- As a partner in the Governmental Affairs Coalition, we employ a lobbyist that coordinates our legislative strategies for major issues impacting the delivery of services in our state
- Our Legislation Committee provides legislative advocacy for consumers as well as Speech-Language Pathologists and Educational Audiologists. Kelly O’Reilly, the Governmental Policy Group (GPG) lobbyist who represents the Governmental Affairs Coalition (GAC), of which OSSPEAC is a member, provides summaries of introduced/pending legislation to OSSPEAC. The Legislation Committee, comprised of the chairperson and no fewer than 4 members, also conducts legislative initiatives of the organization.
OSSPEAC offers you information, communication, and camaraderie. Join over 600 speech-language pathologists and audiologists in Ohio who understand and share your professional concerns.
Not a member yet? Register online and join today.