Do you know anyone who has made great strides this past year, shown exceptional professionalism or leadership, developed a new or innovative process or made a contribution to our field that has made a positive impact for our profession and/or the children we serve? If so, please consider your colleagues for the awards listed below.
2020 Nominations Schedule
- Honors nominations deadline of March 17th.
- Committee on Honors will meet in late June to review nominations and select this year's recipients.
- Award recipients will be notified in mid-July.
- Recipients will be honored at the Award Ceremony during the Annual Fall Convention.
The 3 award categories are Honors of OSSPEAC, Founder’s Award, and Outstanding Service Award.
A short description of the award categories is below. We thank you in advance! If you have any questions, please contact Laura Novotny at email@example.com.
Honors of OSSPEAC
This honor is awarded to a speech/language pathologist and /or educational audiologist who has worked in a school/educational setting and is currently an OSSPEAC member. This award is presented to an individual who has made outstanding contributions through:
- Participation in/contribution to OSSPEAC
- Outstanding work as a clinician/supervisor
- Providing or initiating innovative programming
- Contribution to publications/literature/research
- Other areas of achievement deemed worthy of nomination
Current Winner 2019: Samantha Hofmann
Previous Winner 2018: Dr. Lynne Rowan
This honor is awarded to up to two members in good standing who exemplify the mission of OSSPEAC, “Removing Communication Barriers for Ohio’s Children” will be honored. The speech/language pathologist and/or educational audiologist will have made an impact through service to their local school district or student(s) in their school district. The following factors are considered:
- Improvement of the life of students who have speech, language, and hearing needs
- Collaboration with district personnel, parents, and students
- Excellence in innovative contributions and programs to the work setting
- Leadership at the local level
This award is presented by OSSPEAC in honor of the Founders’ of OSSPEAC.
Current Winner 2019: Original Founders of OSSPEAC
Previous Winner 2018: Not Awarded
Kathleen D. Shelby Outstanding Service Award
This award is presented to an individual who has provided outstanding support to speech/language pathology and/or educational audiology services being provided in a school/educational setting. Recipients may include a classroom teacher, administrator, classroom assistant, educational interpreter, intervention specialist, occupational or physical therapist, counselor, social worker, parent, legislator, or member of another organization.
Current Winner 2019: Ali Neidert
Previous Winner 2018: Patricia DiMinno
Current OSSPEAC Award Winners:
The 2019 Kathleen D. Shelby Outstanding Service Award is audiologist Alli Neidert.
The 2019 Honors of OSSPEAC winner is speech language pathologist Samantha Hofmann.
The 2019 Founder's award went to the original “Founders of OSSPEAC”. Members in attendance from left to right were Sally Radeloff, Bill Sudler, Tom Wittler, Barbara Conrad and Cathy Bauer. Original founders not in attendance were also honored for all of their hard work and dedication.
PAST OSSPEAC AWARDS RECIPIENTS
Thanks to each award recipient for your outstanding contributions to our field.